Friday, February 11, 2011

Prayer requests come rolling in!


I told you when we agree to pray, the prayer requests come rolling in! :-) I'm just glad we know that God always answers prayers!

Request #1: Amber - Two emergency room trips in one day ... whew!! I took Landon this afternoon because he was having severe chest pains (that he's been having for 3 days) and he was diagnosed with pluerisy. Got home and Rylan's fever had spiked again (over 104) and it's day 4 of the fever so I took him tonight and he has the flu and a double ear infection. Got them medicine ... now I just need something for sanity. :-)

I looked on www.BibleGateway.com and found several encouraging verses that tell us that God hears and answers our prayers. I thought they might help you today to remember that even though sometimes when we hear these sad stories and upsetting prayer requests, we don't need to throw our hands up and think "well what can I do?" Our prayers DO make a difference. I was especially interested in James 5:15. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on that one! :-)

I left the links that the computer automatically made to go to each verse on Biblegateway, in case you wanted to read more about them!

Have a good one!

MJ

Psalm 17:6 I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.

Proverbs 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

Matthew 21:22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayerand petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

James 5:15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!