Friday, December 3, 2010

Week of December 1st, 2010

Hi again!

Hoping you all had a great Thanksgiving Week and are starting to get some of your Christmas decorations up now! I know my kids have been casually mentioning that our house doesn't have any lights up on the outside, or that we don't have a Christmas Tree up yet, nearly every day! My favorite was Grace, "Now, keep an eye out for lights on our neighbors' houses...."

We only have 4 real Requests this time, but most pretty serious. Great news is, we have just as many Praises! 

I have been trying to give a bit of history on each of the Updates we receive, and this time I have given a very extensive history on one, but I hate hearing someone asking for help, and I don't really know what to pray for, so if it helps, you can read it, if not, no harm done! :-)

Just FYI, I will probably only be sending these iprayer lists out a couple times during the holidays, unless of course we receive anything urgent! 

Here we go!!!

Request #1: From Denise- A fire began in the apt directly above Grandma's apartment. She was in her apt when the blaze started & was quickly evacuated w/ Little Girl, (her cat!)

Update: Praise God! I'm thankful that Grandma & Little Girl are safe at our house - many items that were in totes are now in storage.  Bldg to be completely boarded up Friday. Her apt was one of the worst. Keep the prayers coming!! Back to apt hunting!

Request #2: 
From Suzanne - Please pray for my friend Amy's nephew Stevey...he is 3 years old and has been in remission for the past 8 or so months...thank you in advance for praying with us! From Amy: The medulla blastoma is back. 1 tumor on the left base part of his brain & 3 nodules on the right hemisphere. Please pray for healing & peace for him & family. 

Update: My dear friend Amy's nephew has been sent home with hospice, there is nothing else they can do for him...he is 3 years old. Please pray for him and the family. They do not have the money to pay for his funeral.

Request #3: From Amber - I need prayers for my princess. She fell while working with one of her therapists today and landed on her face ... 30 seconds later she started seizing. She immediately fell asleep ... which scares me because of her hitting her head. I am not sure how to help her ... interrupting her sleep causes a seizure but letting her sleep could be bad after a fall. Thank goodness Jesus is watching over her and not just me! 

Update:  Thank you all so much for your support through prayers, everything went well at the hospital with Reagan ... we are now home and just have to keep a close eye on her for the next 24 hours. She's sleeping soundly in her bed and I am stalking her on the video monitor. Praying for no more seizures!

History on Amber's baby girl Reagan: 

Reagan has been having seizures since she was first born.

August 14, 2009 at 12:17am I desperately need prayers for Reagan ... tonight she stopped breathing and turned blue. We experienced this with Rylan but it's still so incredibly scary to see your newborn baby turn blue. We are trying a few different things for the next 24 hours but if it happens again she will be going to the NICU to be monitored and to rule out seizures. Please, please keep her in your prayers!!! 


August 17, 2009 at 4:04pm Reagan's Update: It's been a very, VERY rough day. After having three serious seizures within three hours (closer together than any have been before and her heartrate dropped to the 50s) the doctors have become gravely concerned. After much prayer and many, many tears, we consented to a spinal tap, which she came through like a trooper. She is still going through the EEG so I'll post more when it's finished tonight. 


December 1, 2009 at 8:45am We definitely appreciate all of your prayers ... we so desperately need them right now! Reagan had her 13th seizure this morning and her oxygen levels dropped to 8 and she turned completely blue. She finally began breathing (after five doctors and nine nurses came running) but it took her 20 minutes to come out of her seizure which is not normal. Please pray for her to recover completely! 


April 2010 Reagan has an extremely rare chromosomal abnormality. We were initially given a wide range of potential problems, which is why I was so nervous about our appt. yesterday. We found out, though, that while Reagan may still face some problems in life, she has a greater chance of not facing severe ones. They were encouraged by what all she can already do and *anticipate* a FULL life for her! 


November 6 at 9:31am  Today I am thankful for the prayers of amazing friends and family! I am thankful that my baby girl smiled at me hours after her seizures when it usually takes a day for her to even recognize anyone. I am thankful that she's gotten a good night's sleep (even if I didn't!). I am thankful that GOD is always in control!


November 20 at 11:00am  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate seizures? Especially when they inflict themselves on my baby girl. Even after experiencing over 100 with her, I get sick to my stomach and want to cry. It's just another opportunity to trust God even more!


December 2 at 1:15 pm I need prayers for my princess. She fell while working with one of her therapists today and landed on her face ... 30 seconds later she started seizing. She immediately fell asleep ... which scares me because of her hitting her head. I am not sure how to help her ... interrupting her sleep causes a seizure but letting her sleep could be bad after a fall. Thank goodness Jesus is watching over her and not just me!

 

December 2 at 10:15pm  Thank you all so much for your support through prayers, calls, texts and emails. I have been so encouraged today by my friends and family! Everything went well at the hospital with Reagan ... we are now home and just have to keep a close eye on her for the next 24 hours. She's sleeping soundly in her bed and I am stalking her on the video monitor. Praying for no more seizures!


Update! Praise!!! Connie- Update on my friend, Shirley.  Further tests showed NO CANCER!  Thank you for your prayers.  Praise be to God for His grace and mercy!

History:
Connie- A high school friend, Shirley, has 2 spots on two different ribs that doctors say is a 50/50 chance of cancer.  This is overwhelming because she just lost her brother to cancer three weeks ago.  Her husband also battled cancer this past year and is currently in remission.
Praise & Request #4: My brother Bill and his wife Sarah had their new baby Tuesday night at 6:33pm! Adam was 6 lbs 15 oz and 18.5 inches long. Let's pray that their 3rd baby boy will be a joy, a good sleeper, and continue doing a great job eating!

Praise! AB- What joy it brings to my soul to know that my son has asked Jesus into his heart and that he will be baptized this Sunday!!! I can remember so clearly praying over him while I was still pregnant (and every day since) that he would have a personal relationship with Jesus and I am overwhelmed at seeing this prayer answered. I can't wait to celebrate his baptism in Sunday!

iprayer Ladies Group
The Digital Prayer Group
www.iprayerladies.blogspot.com
iprayerlady@doowop.com

"Rejoice always! Pray constantly. Give thanks in everything, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (HCSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!