Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Encouragement to Go, Go, Go!


I get this newsletter on my email!! I Just Love Liz Curtis Higgs and wanted to share her joy and excitement with all of you!! 


If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

Encouragement to Go
Invite Liz to Speak
   Bless you, dear friend, for inviting me to keep in touch!
   With autumn drawing near I'm on the road again, thrilled to be heading in your direction. From Iowa to Indiana, Minnesota to Missouri, look for your Lizzie at Women of Faith, at Among Friends with Kathy Troccoli, at the free Faithlife Women conference in Dallas, and many other venues. For details, take a peek at my latest calendar.
   If my messages from God's Word, wrapped in joy, might be a good fit for your next women's ministry event, Bill Higgs would be delighted to chat with you! Simply click here to begin the conversation.
   And if you've always wanted to tour bonny Scotland, we have room for a few more travelers for A Victorian Christmas in Scotland this December 2-9 (our late November tour sold out in just six days). It's going to be once-in-a-lifetime amazing. Come with us, lass!
Grafted In Necklace from Israel
Guess what this girl's got for you
   Many women who traveled with me to Israel last fall brought home jewelry featuring three Jewish and Christian symbols forged into a single design that goes back to the second century and is commonly called "Grafted In."
   The name comes from a message Paul gave the young church in Rome, reminding the Gentiles, "you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root."
   Those of us not counted among the descendants of Jacob have been grafted in, such that we too are called "a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God." Breathtaking to consider, isn't it?
   Here's more happy news: I brought home four of these beautiful sterling silver necklaces from Israel to share with you! Identify the chapter and verse of the two New Testament passages I've quoted above, then click here to enter the contest. On October 1st I'll choose four winners at random from all the correct entries received. Can't wait to see you wearing this beautiful, meaningful necklace!
The Girl's Still Got It Video Bible Study
Three fun ways to take a walk with Ruth
  1. On DVD: Two dozen girlfriends gathered in Nashville to tape our video Bible study for The Girl's Still Got It. What a great group! The DVD is two hours long, divided into twelve segments, one for each chapter of the book. Simply let it roll, and I'll teach you the story of Ruth, or you can play a segment each time you meet with friends to study God's Word. Here's our free Bible study how-to guide for The Girl's Still Got It.
   2. Online: This Wednesday, August 22nd grab a cuppa and join me online at 12noon EDT for an entertaining Livestream Event! I'll be streaming via webcam from my writing study, sharing some fun insider stories about my new book, The Girl's Still Got It, offering a few heartfelt words of hope and encouragement, and answering your questions. It's free, it's fun, and it's easy to listen in.
   3. On my blog: September 5th I'll be kicking off my new Bible Study Blog. Whee! Every Wednesday this autumn I'll be walking through The Girl's Still Got It with you, one chapter each week. I'll offer my answers to some of the Study Guide questions, and hope you'll jump in as well.
Righteous Ruth Rap by Liz Curtis Higgs
   For busy girls like us, this i s a Bible study that works—at home or on the road, at your computer or on your smartphone. Read the chapter when you can, check the blog when you like, and share your thoughts when you're ready. Just sign up for my blog and we'll start rocking!

And speaking of rocking...
   You gotta check out my Righteous Ruth Rap on YouTube. It's the whole book of Ruth in four minutes. Has the girl still got it? I'll let you be the judge of that!
   We videotaped the rap in Little Rock, Arkansas, surprising the audience when I launched into it at the start of the final session. They surprised me in turn: when I started rapping, they started clapping, meaning I had to keep up with the beat. Oh baby! Way too fun.
The Girl's Still Got It
    You'll find the lyrics to my rap in the back pages of The Girl's Still Got It. Haven't picked up a copy yet? Look for it on the shelves of your favorite Christian bookstore or order it from Amazon, ChristianBook, or Barnes & Noble.
   Of the 30 books I've written, this truly is my favorite. Publishers Weekly kindly called it, "A perfect blend of humor, extensive research, descriptive language, and insightful commentary."
   What I really want to know is what you think. Share your thoughts with me on Facebook or Twitter, or post your comments on one of the bookseller websites above. You are the reason I run to my desk each morning, beloved. Your feedback truly matters.
   Until we connect again, here's a heartfelt hug from your Lizzie in Louisville! 
"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." Romans 15:4
Liz Curtis Higgs | P.O. Box 43577 | Louisville, Kentucky 40253
502-254-5454 | www.LizCurtisHiggs.com


powered by emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!